This day, that year - Part1

This day, that year - Part1

[This is a short description of Day 1. This day marked the beginning of the most unbelievable week so far in of our lives... And I am sure... this week is just going to be at the top of the list forever]

30 April 2006,
Location: somewhere on FC road...

Anita: my uncle is coming to Pune in the evening. He wants to meet you.
Amit: Sure ... what time?
Anita: 1930, Savera.
Amit: Right ... I'll be prepared :P

1930, Savera
Amit: Hello Uncle. How are you doing?
Uncle: Great! Good to meet you.
Amit: Anita might have briefed you already, but let me reiterate. We have known each other for about two and half years now. We intend to marry each other, but due to family opposition we aren't able to proceed further. The pressure keeps on mounting and the fear of losing each other grips all the time. The situation is ending up in a deadlock, and things might just go against our wish. So I seek some advice from you.
Uncle: The road ahead isn't going to be easy. You are aware of the consequences, aren't you? Are you prepared for all the chaos before and after?
Amit: Oh yes ... Completely. We are prepared. Just a final push is needed.
Uncle: In that case, I would like to meet your parents.
Amit: Certainly, let me just call up home and confirm.... OK tomorrow 1900 suits?
Uncle: Yes, we'll be there..
Amit: This is the first time we have met. Do you plan to discuss anything specific with me or my parents?
Uncle: As of now, since you both are ready for the action, let us see how we can take further steps. I just want to meet your parents first and make them aware of the consequences too. If they are fine with it, then there is a point to discuss what is to be done...
Amit: Sure. Then lets meet tomorrow at 1900, my residence.
[...to be continued]

6 comments:

Alok Dave said...

Lovely.
Looking forward to the second part of story.

Pappul said...

me too ... I will never forget that call from you 2 nights prior to D-day ... something like ...

"Achha sun ... parso hamaara shaadi hai ... tu aa jaana ghar pe shaam mein ... " :P

u 2 are an inspiration to everyone ... courage and determination to the hilt ...

waiting for part 2

Prameela said...

waiting boss....dying to read the next part :P

Vikash Kumar said...

Seriously.. finally I will know the whole story.. good job dude.. likh likh sab likh :D.. eagerly waiting for all the remaining parts :)

Satish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Satish said...

Smart way of blogging :)