Some better Mondays...

I was stranded on FC road near Goodluck chowk signal, heading towards Kothrud. 3 Green signals already went past and I was still on the same side of the road, inching towards the first position.. I agree at 1930, the traffic scene all over the city is about the same.

Finally with the 4th signal I managed to get past, so I picked my Alto at a considerable throttle and suddenly .. Screeeech.....an Indica (or some other small car) jumped the opposite red signal and landed right in front of my bonnet. I literally stood up on the brakes to avoid collision. That creature driving the car, didn;t even seem to bother a pixel. He was busy discussing something on his cell phone. At that fraction, all the "B*" words popped my mind ... and the before I could utter any of them ... I saw a mama run @ his max speed from some corner of the square. It was quite a sight.. Never seen a mama sprint ... ;)

Within no time he was right in front of the indica ... the guy had to stop... I knew he was going to have it big time. Jumping the signal, Cellphone while driving in combination are quite enough to get you a heavy duty fine... But I really didnt care about the fine. For the first time in my life I was so very satisfied with the past 30seconds... And that too without me having to do a single bit... I was ecstatic!!! as much as Roger was at Phillipe Chatrier.

This would be a tiny insignificant event for everyone on the signal ... but I am sure gonna have a smile for the entire week :D

3 comments:

Pappul said...

jai ho mama ki ... !!

Pankaj - भटकंती Unlimited said...

congratulations :-)

And I'm proud to follow traffic rules. And flaunt the same with the sticker at the rear of my bike. Get those stickers from

http://www.savepunetraffic.com/html/index.htm

Ruhi said...

Ha..ha...Pune traffic jindabad!