DiveAgar - and again...

I have been to Dive-Agar time and again. The place never seems boring. I still remember the first time when we went there... way back in 2002. It was a coastal village, untouched by tourism devils and one could get the feel of true Kokan.

Since then there have been many developments happening. But doesn't matter, who cares if you get to eat the best fish ever!! As Pratik says, "CONSISTENCY is a word that POTNIS and BAPAT (from DIVEAGAR) should patent!"... For the past 8 years we've been relishing the same quality of sea food!

This time round there were a couple of interesting incidents that made me think beyond the food :) ...

For our journey from Pune, we had taken along some bread for sandwiches. And as expected we weren't able to finish the entire loaf. When we reached our rooms, there was a very cute calf tied close by. We were tempted to feed it with the left over bread. But to confirm, we asked its care taker if we can actually do that. We assured the care taker that the bread was fresh. To which he replied, "Saheb, bread taja asel tar me pan khau shakto." After realizing what just happened, we handed over the bread to him and left the place.

In the evening, while I was walking along the streets, I saw a small kid (about 6yrs old) trying to play cricket with a stick. Just for the heck of it, I offered to bowl. And to my surprise he connected all the 8-10 balls that I bowled with the stick. I agree I am not a great bowler, but connecting accurately with a 100% strike rate was something commendable for me. Real talent for sure...

Later in the night, I overheard a couple of local boys discussing their new year eve plan. Four-five of them together had contributed 70/- and were planning on how to utilize the money to the fullest. Some discussion towards having chinese food resulted in a proposition to share one dish of something (costing arround 40/-) amongst all of them. And they were truly content with their decision.

Perhaps, these events are an evidence of the difference between cities and villages ...

Meanwhile, some of the trip photographs:








3 comments:

Pankaj - भटकंती Unlimited said...

Nowadays DiveAgar is more commercialized. And I bet if you go there during long weekend you will be hot by a crowded beach of lifetime.

Morale: Discover new places now. Bharadkhol is the best beach near Diveagar.

Pappul said...

You put it absolutely right mate ... I am never ever disappointed with DA ... great place and great food ... crowd or no crowd ... it is just amazing ... and BTW ... how high up r u planning to raise your bar of great photography ... i guess im gonna die climbing that bar ... :P

Cheers ... and Happy future DAing ... !!

Prameela said...

Lovely photos amit...and the anecdote about the kids new year plan added life to the post :)