Does flash affect eyes ... especially babies?

Hmmm ... this is my second post of the day. I am thinking of following Chetan Bhagat ;) ...

Anyways the reason I write this post is based on my last months trip to Bombay. I had a family function to attend, and these are perfect occasions to try your hand at portraits. You generally find babies with colorful attires & cool expressions. They are one of my favorite subjects. But every time I click with my flash on, one question bothers me all the way... "Am I bothering their young eyes?"

Yesterday finally I found one article, which had perfectly answered my question. Some of the facts mentioned (in consent with people in medical world) were:

- The eyes of babies are sensitive and they can be harmed with prolonged exposure to concentrated and intense light. Its similar to a dried leaf, which sits unharmed on a hot-bright sunny road. But the moment you put a magnifying glass and focus the sunlight, it shall start burning away.

- The good news here is, out flash is neither concentrated nor prolonged. But the flash can create a temporary blackout in some cases.

For more information, click here
....

On that note, I'd say its safe but avoid :)

0 comments: